AOL Mail Error 604 : Whenever you experience difficulty in sending or composing emails. Then, immediately check for the following signs.
- Your Contacts get Emails that you don’t send.
- Sent Folder contains messages that you never send.
- Folders, Messages, Contacts etc. are missing or deleted.
In case, if these signs are present. Then, it means your account has been hacked or compromised. As such, immediately secure the account and reset the password.
However, if you don’t find these signs. Then, AOL Mail Error 604: Message Sent Failure could be due to technical issues. For instance, issues with Connection, Browser, Third-Party Software etc. Nevertheless, you can easily restore your services by performing some basic troubleshooting steps.
Troubleshoot AOL Mail Error 604 Message Sent Failure
Most of the issues require a simple system reboot to restore settings and connection. Hence, simply “Restart” your computer from the “Start” menu. If required, you can even unplug it from the Power Source and plug it back again. This can easily resolve the “AOL Mail Error 604 Message Sent Failure” issue.
Check Your Display Name
In case if you continue to experience this issue. Then, you should check your Display name. In case if it contains any combination of “AOL” or “A.O.L”. Then, your message will not be sent. As such, you should immediately update the same.
- First of all, click on “Options” in your AOL Mail Account. You will find it at the top right-hand corner.
- Now, click on “Mail Settings”.
- Next, you should click on “Compose”. It is located in the left panel.
- After that, scroll down. Then, locate the “Display Name” section.
- Here, you should check if AOL or A.O.L is included in the name.
- As such, change the same immediately if you find such combinations.
- Thereafter, click on ‘Save” to confirm the Settings before you leave this window.
- Make sure your network connection is working i.e. you are connected to a strong and dependable internet.
- Check your modem/ router and the connecting cables (Ethernet etc.). These should be properly hooked up without any sign of physical damage. You should unplug the cables and plug them back. If required, replace the hardware.
- Check the WiFi Name and Password to ensure you are connected to the right network.
- Update Windows and run Windows Network Diagnostics.
- Unplug the Router/ Modem from the Power Source and plug them back after few seconds.
- Disable Firewall and Pop-up blocking software.
- Contact your ISP for restoring your connection.
Fix Browser Issues
- Restart your browser.
- Update the same.
- Clear Browsing data including History, Cache, Cookies etc.
- Ensure your system is free from viruses, malware etc.
- Disable Extensions, Add-ons etc.
- Disable Security Software.
- Uninstall and Reinstall the Browser.
- Use a Different Browser/ Computer.
- Change its Security and Privacy Settings.
Fix Image Related Issues
- In case if you are getting Image Challenge Question while sending an email. Then, complete the challenge accurately. After this, you should be able to send the email.
- In case if the mail recipients are not able to view the images sent in the email. Then, you should immediately fix it as explained below.
- Enable Rich Text/HTML from the “Update Compose Settings” section of the “Mail Settings” page.
- Send the image as an attachment with the email instead of sending it as a text.