Error Messages are the information that is displayed on the occurrence of an unexpected condition. At times while signing in to your AOL account, using AOL Mail, etc. you will get error messages. These error messages differ in different situations. Error Messages that AOL Mail will display are:
- BLERK! ERROR 1
- GAH! ERROR 1111
- GAH! ERROR 2
- BLERK! ERROR 3
- BLERK! ERROR 4
- BLERK! ERROR 5
- GAH! ERROR 7
- ZOIDS! ERROR 8
- ZOIDS! ERROR 9
- GAH! ERROR 11
- BLERK! ERROR 13
- GAH! ERROR 15
- ZOIDS! ERROR 16
In order to resolve these errors, it becomes important to follow the troubleshooting steps. Following are the basic troubleshooting procedures that you have to follow.
Change AOL Mail Password
In order to resolve the AOL Mail errors, you must try changing your AOL Mail password. You can either reset your password or you can change it by accessing your AOL Mail account. For this, follow the given procedures.
Reset AOL Password
- Access a web browser.
- Go to the AOL login page. For this, enter “mail.aol.com”.
- Enter your email address linked with AOL.
- Tap the “Next” option.
- Choose “Forgot Password”.
- Allow AOL to send you the verification code on your registered phone number by clicking the “Yes” button.
- Enter the verification code.
- Click “Verify”.
- Create a new AOL Mail password.
- Re-enter the password for confirmation.
- Tap the “Continue” button.
Change AOL password
- Access a web browser.
- Type “mail.aol.com” in the address bar.
- Log In to your AOL account.
- Select the “Options” link from the top-right corner. You will find it under your username.
- Click Account Info> Account Security> Change your password.
- Verify your identity and click “Continue”.
- Enter a new password.
- Tap the “Continue” button twice.
Clear Browser’s Cache Files
Cache files are the temporary data that will get saved on your system related to your web searching. These help in speeding up the search but also stops the applications to work smoothly. Hence, you can try clearing them to resolve the error.
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- Press “CTRL+H” keys altogether.
- Click “Clear Browsing Data”.
- Select the time range.
- Mark the checkboxes for deleting the files.
- Select the “Clear Data” tab.
- Open the Safari browser on your Mac device.
- Click Go> Library.
- From the list of folders, select the Cache folder.
- Select all the files and right-click them.
- From the list, click “Move to Trash”.
- Right-click your Trash and click the “Empty Trash” option.
The firewall protects the system from unauthorized access. It also hinders the working of the applications. So, for resolving the error, you must try disabling the Firewall.
- In your Google Chrome browser, select Customize and control Google Chrome> Settings> Advanced> Privacy and Security> Site Settings> Pop-Ups and redirect.
- In the next window, click the Toggle button. Make sure the toggle button will turn blue.
- Access a Safari browser on a Mac device.
- Tap “Safari”.
- Select “Block pop-up windows” from the list it opens.
Try Basic Version of AOL Mail
- Open a web browser.
- Move to the AOL login page by entering “mail.aol.com”.
- Provide your registered email address and password in order to log in to your account.
- Click the “Options” link which is located under your Username.
- From the list of options, tap the “Basic/Accessible Version” option.
- Further, you have to select the Toggle button.
- Open the Safari browser.
- Click Safari> Preferences> Security.