GAH! Error 1111 is one of the most common errors of AOL Mail. This error seems complicated by its name but you can resolve it quite easily. AOL will show you this error when you enter your email address and password and click the Sign In button. This error results in failure to log in to your AOL account.
GAH! ERROR 1111 in AOL Mail
For resolving Error 1111, follow the troubleshooting procedures given below. Make sure you follow each procedure one-by-one and try signing in to your account after following one procedure. If the error persists then move to the next procedure.
Change or Reset Your AOL Account Password
The easiest way to fix the GAH Error 1111 is to change or reset the AOL Mail password. For this, follow the processes mentioned below.
Change Your Password
- First of all, open a web browser.
- Then, move to the AOL login page. For this, type “mail.aol.com” in the address bar.
- Further, you have to enter your username or email address in the required field.
- Now, click the “Next” tab.
- After that, provide your AOL Mail account password and tap the “Sign In” button.
- In your AOL Mail account, you have to click the “Options” link. You will find this link under your username on the top-right corner.
- From the extended list that it opens, click the “Account Info” option.
- In the next window, click the “Account Security” option which is located on the left-hand panel of the screen.
- Thereafter, click “Change your password”.
- Now, you have to verify your identity by completing the captcha task. After completing, tap the “Continue” option.
- Afterwards, enter a new password in the required field.
- Finally, click the “Continue” tab twice.
Reset Your Password
- Open a web browser.
- Enter “mail.aol.com” in the address bar to visit the AOL Mail login page.
- In the next window, enter your AOL email address and click the “Next” button.
- Further, tap the “Forgot Password” option.
- Now, you will be asked to permit the AOL to send you the verification code on your registered phone number. Grant the permission by clicking the “Yes” tab.
- Enter the code in the required field and click the “Verify” tab.
- After that, you have to create a new password. For this, enter and re-enter the password in the required fields.
- Lastly, click the Continue tab in order to save the new password.
Clear Web Browser’s Cache Files
If your error is still not resolved, then you have to try clearing the browser’s cache files. After clearing the cache files, you have to close the browser. Then, open it again and try to log in to your AOL account. For cache clearing, follow the below-given steps.
- Open a Chrome Browser.
- Click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” option. You will this option on the upper-right corner of the screen.
- From the extended list, tap the “History” option, twice.
- This will take you to the History window.
- Now, click the “Clear Browsing Data” option which is located on the left-hand panel.
- Further, a dialog box will appear. Tickmark the Cache files checkbox and select the time frame to delete the data.
- Then, click the “Clear Data” tab.
- This will successfully clear the browser’s cache files.
- In the Mozilla Firefox browser, menu icon from the upper-right corner.
- Select the options> Privacy & Security.
- Scroll down to the History section.
- Now, click the “Clear History” tab.
- In the dialog box, select the data to remove.
- Also, select the tenure for removing the data.
- After this, click the “Clear Now” button.
- Open an Internet Explorer browser.
- Press “Ctrl+Shift+Delete” keys altogether.
- Now, a Delete Browsing History dialog box will appear.
- Select the items to delete and click the “Delete” tab.
- Access the Safari browser.
- Click the “Go” option from the upper panel of the screen.
- It will further open a drop-down menu.
- From the list, select “Library”.
- In the next window, you will find a Cache folder.
- Click the Cache folder and select all the files to remove.
- After selecting, right-click on them. From the list, select the “Move to trash” option.
- This will delete all the files from the folder.
- At last, clean the trash also by right-clicking it and select “Empty Trash”.